Featured Post

First Half of the Year Recap and Comeback

Long time no speak everyone. I have sadly had a lot going on in my life lately so I have let this blog slip away. I am going to try and hav...

Friday, July 8, 2016

Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (2016)


Director: Jake Szymanski
Writers: Andrew Jay Cohen, Brendan O'Brien
Stars: Zac Efron, Anna Kendrick, Adam Devine, Aubrey Plaza

Synopsis:
Mike and Dave are two brothers that tend to get a little rowdy at family functions, so in order to keep them in control their family decides that instead of them being single and getting rowdy they should each find a date that would be able to keep them under control though out the week of their sister's wedding.

Review:
This movie honestly made me more upset at Dirty Grandpa earlier this year above all else, because Zac Efron and Aubrey Plaza showed that they can be really funny to me when their material is actually pretty good. Unlike in Dirty Grandpa where it felt like they were just trying to make something out of nothing and more than anything just get on my nerves more than make me laugh, but this one really did work for me. Anna Kendrick and Adam Devine really bring the laughs with them as well, which I'm glad because I thought they were both great in the pitch perfect films together so I was hoping they'd be just as good in this one. The story is a bit been there done that and I do think that some people might not like this and that some people might think some gags go a bit too far and too long but I didn't think that was the case. Honestly it's a bit of a squeeze between this Popstar and The Boss between which comedy is the best so far this year, I think Popstar would still take the cake.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Recommendation: See it

No comments:

Post a Comment