Featured Post

First Half of the Year Recap and Comeback

Long time no speak everyone. I have sadly had a lot going on in my life lately so I have let this blog slip away. I am going to try and hav...

Thursday, January 5, 2017

My thoughts on Cinema in 2016

It's that time of year again folks! Where we sit down and realized that there were a ton of great films this year and that ultimately it gets tougher and tougher to rank them when so many are just as great as some others. Well without a further a due... here are my top 10 movies of the year!

  1. Arrival
  2. La La Land
  3. The Nice Guys
  4. Swiss Army Man
  5. Don't Breath
  6. Nocturnal Animals
  7. Sing Street
  8. The Lobster
  9. Kubo and the Two Strings
  10. Shin Godzilla


Now some films might have been better made than these or what have you but I honestly think that these films are what stood out to me the most when it came to how they looked sounded and ultimately made me feel leaving the theater. Now, there were plenty more than 10 movies that made me feel like there's a reason why I go to the theater weekly and sit down and watch these films of course. But I ultimately was able to chisel my list down to these 10. 


These next few movies though are movies that I considered for my list but when I started to actually rank them these just fell short of the list, now these aren't in any order except that out of all the movies that I saw these could have easily been placed in the bottom five of my list and I wouldn't have been ashamed about it.


Sausage Party
The Edge of Seventeen
Lights Out
Doctor Strange
Rogue One A Star Wars Story
Zootopia
Captain America: Civil War
The Jungle Book
Green Room
The Witch
Hush
Accountant
The Shallows
Hail Caesar
Ouija Origin of Evil
Sing
Hardcore Henry
Conjuring 2
Finding Dory
Star Trek Beyond
Moana 
Deadpool

Now when it came to my least favorite films of the year it was quite simple which ones I hated and which ones I despised. Now granted some movies just left me feeling dissapointed, like blair witch, in which case I was super excited back when it was calling it The Woods, then they went and let the cat out of the bag with the title of Blair witch and caused me to absolutely lose all excitement for it right there and then. Now without further a due here are my least favorite movies of the year. 


  1. The Forest
  2. Dirty Grandpa
  3. The 5th Wave
  4. How to be single
  5. Fifty Shades of Black
  6. Ride Along 2
  7. Morgan
  8. Alice Through the Looking Glass
  9. Batman Vs Superman (Theatrical Edition)
  10. Risen

And now here is the list of all the films I saw all year so you can get a better grasp behind my thinking of these list and how I got to the final conclusion.

  1. Swiss Army Man
  2. Finding Dory
  3. Popstar
  4. X-Men Apocalypse
  5. Conjuring 2
  6. The Nice Guys
  7. The Lobster
  8. Gods of Egypt
  9. Hardcore Henry
  10. The Witch
  11. Green Room
  12. Neighbors 2
  13. The Jungle Book
  14. Alice Through the Looking Glass
  15. Captain America: Civil War
  16. The Forest
  17. Hush
  18. Batman Vs Superman
  19. The Boss
  20. 10 Cloverfield Lane
  21. Whisky Tango Foxtrot
  22. Eddie the Eagle
  23. Triple 9
  24. London has fallen
  25. Zootopia
  26. Zoolander 2
  27. Kung Fu Panda 3
  28. Hail Caesar!
  29. Risen
  30. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
  31. Deadpool
  32. Fifty Shades of black
  33. The 5th Wave
  34. Dirty Grandpa
  35. 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
  36. Ride Along 2
  37. How to be Single
  38. The Boy
  39. Sing Street
  40. The secret life of Pets
  41. Sing
  42. Rogue One A Star Wars Story
  43. La La Land
  44. Office Christmas Party
  45. Nocturnal Animals
  46. Allied
  47. Moana
  48. Siren
  49. Arrival
  50. Doctor Strange
  51. The Edge of Seventeen
  52. Deepwater Horizon
  53. Magnificent Seven
  54. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
  55. Ouija Origin of Evil
  56. Shin Godzilla
  57. The Girl on the train
  58. don't breath
  59. clown
  60. Keanu
  61. War Dogs
  62. Sausage Party
  63. Blair Witch
  64. Sully
  65. Storks
  66. Masterminds
  67. Kubo and the Two Strings
  68. Batman The Killing Joke
  69. How to be Single
  70. The Brothers Grimsby
  71. Lights Out
  72. Suicide Squad
  73. Ghostbusters
  74. Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
  75. The Purge Election Year
  76. The Shallows
  77. The Legend of Tarzan
  78. Accountant
  79. Morgan
  80. Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them
  81. Star Trek Beyond

No comments:

Post a Comment