Featured Post

First Half of the Year Recap and Comeback

Long time no speak everyone. I have sadly had a lot going on in my life lately so I have let this blog slip away. I am going to try and hav...

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Kung Fu Panda 3


Director: Alessandro Carloni, Jennifer Yuh
Writers: Jonathan Aibel, Glenn Berger
Stars: Jack Black, Bryan Cranston, Dustin Hoffman

Synopsis:
Continuing from the past two entries, Po finds out that he belongs to a bigger family along with an overbearing threat coming after him and his friends.

Review:
The animation is beautiful and the jokes still seem fresh and inspiring after three movies, a feat that not many movies can claim themselves. The voice acting is never dull and the addition of Bryan Cranston helps quite a bit.

I really did enjoy this, even if I had yet to see the second one. I feel like that could have helped my enjoyment a bit more, because the beginning was a bit of a rush to me, but it did seem to slow itself down a bit after the first 20 minutes or so. I really started to enjoy this film when Po goes back with his father to their panda village and he meets with all the other pandas.

The plot is simple, but honestly that is a strong point with it, it allows for a lot of characters to come up and shine. Especially when they introduce a lot of people in this entry. I feel like after this movie there's a lot of promise for even more entries to be able to be made and evolve unlike a lot of series around.

Rating: 4 ½ stars


Recommendation: A fun adventure for the whole family, and one that you don't necessarily have to have complete knowledge over the previous entries to enjoy. Worth the full price of admission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment