Featured Post

First Half of the Year Recap and Comeback

Long time no speak everyone. I have sadly had a lot going on in my life lately so I have let this blog slip away. I am going to try and hav...

Monday, January 4, 2016

Alvin and the Chipmunks The Road Chip


Director: Walt Becker
Writers: Randi Mayem Singer and Adam Sztykiel
Stars: Jason Lee, Justin Long, Mathew Gray Gubler, Jesse McCartney, Josh Green, Kimberly Williams-Paisley

Synopsis:
Alvin and the gang don't like the idea of Dave getting engaged to her girlfriend, Samantha, because they believe that he'll leave them in the forest. So they decide to travel from Los Angeles to Miami to stop it.

Review:
This movie, is mainly just good for a distraction for your kids, For the most part it isn't that insulting, but at the same time not much happens in it that we haven't seen before. I've seen all four now, and the first one is at least good on keeping itself on track telling the story it's trying to tell and that's about it. The sequels, especially the squeakuel, just seem to try to keep the run time going by throwing in random pop culture references, some that I don't understand why they think they'd work. Like there's a reference with John Waters and Pink Flamingos in this one and I was just like, why? I think it's mainly to keep adults in the theater watching, but that's about as much thought as I put into this film.
The saving grace with this movie, and the reason why it's not my least favorite in the series, is the end. I thought the last 20 or so minutes of the film really made this film tolerable in a sense that I gave it an extra half star because of it. Mainly because there's some character development with it. It's not just the same characters doing the same stuff they've done for four films now, there's a sense that someone behind the scenes actually wanted to make a film the whole family can enjoy. Outside of that though it's just high pitch voices making the same old mischief that we've already seen before.


Rating: 2.5 stars


Recommendation: If you really want to see a movie the whole family can enjoy and you've either already seen Star Wars or think that's a little over the heads of your children than this really isn't the worse option out there. Honestly though if you just want to see this because you've seen the others, I'd say rent or wait for DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment