Featured Post

First Half of the Year Recap and Comeback

Long time no speak everyone. I have sadly had a lot going on in my life lately so I have let this blog slip away. I am going to try and hav...

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Big Short

Director: Adam Mckay
Writers: Charles Randolph and Adam Mckay, based on the book by Michael Lewis
Stars: Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Steve Carell, Brad Pitt

Synopsis:
Different groups of people predict the credit and housing bubble collaps of the mid-2000's and decide to make money off of it.

Review:
Honestly a movie with this plot probably shouldn't be as entertaining as this movie was. It is very similar to Wolf of Wall Street, but it also doesn't feel like a copy cat either. This is a bit more professional than that movie was, so if the excessive lifestyle images offended you from Wolf, and you really do enjoy the subject matter of banking and wall street, then you shouldn't have a problem with this movie. Now I will say that I enjoyed Wolf of Wall Street a lot when it came out and still consider it one of my favorites, but this one was a lot of fun still and would be a lot better of a watch more due to the smaller run time and overall tamer tone than Wolf.
Now with Adam Mckay directing and writing I knew it was going to have some comedy in it, but I was actually surprised with just how funny this was, I love Steve Carell and Brad Pitt especially. I'm actually curious how this will fare during the awards season, because there are a lot of equally good films this year, so I wouldn't be sad if this lost, but at the same time, I am going to be rooting for this a long with some of my other favorites of this year.
This really is a winner to spend your time at the theater, especially if you want to stay away from the crowds at Star Wars.


Rating: 4.5 stars


Recommendation: This honestly doesn't require a theatrical viewing, but if you want to go to the theater and see something that isn't Star Wars this should be near the top of your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment