Featured Post

First Half of the Year Recap and Comeback

Long time no speak everyone. I have sadly had a lot going on in my life lately so I have let this blog slip away. I am going to try and hav...

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Room


Director: Lenny Abrahamson
Writers: Emma Donoghue
Stars: Brie Larson, Jacob Tremblay, Sean Bridgers

Synopsis:
A mom and her five year old son try to escape a room, one she's known, and only known, for seven years.

Review:
This movie is really engaging and such an emotional ride. One I haven't felt in awhile based on just how good the movie is, I mean I did have an emotional ride through Star Wars, but that was purely on nostalgia. I didn't know much about this going in, except that Brie Larson won the Golden Globe for it, and I hope she wins the Oscar for it after seeing it, and I honestly think that's the best way to see it, but I found out that this is based on a book, written by Emma Donoghue, and apparently this follows it very well with that book.
The acting is perfect, it's believable and at most points I forgot that I was watching a fictional movie and not a documentary. The story, the way it unfolds, really delivers the emotional punches at the right time and in the right way. Since I didn't know what the movie was truly about I was trying to figure out what it was about the room they were in, when this movie took place, and etc. But when Ma tells Jack what exactly was going on, I wasn't honestly prepared for it and it explained what I was questioning.
This truly was a respectable movie made about its subject matter which I applaud especially with how grounded and real this movie's subject matter is.

Rating: 5 Stars

Recommendation: If your theater is showing it,which most are now because of the oscars, go see it. And try not to look too much into the synopsis, unless you've read the book this is based on. Because I thought that was the best way to enjoy this film with an open mind and not knowing much about what this was about. Highly Recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment