Featured Post

First Half of the Year Recap and Comeback

Long time no speak everyone. I have sadly had a lot going on in my life lately so I have let this blog slip away. I am going to try and hav...

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Star Wars The Force Awakens

Director: J.J. Abrams
Writers: Lawrence Kasdan, J.J. Abrams
Stars: Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Adam Driver
Synopsis:
Set 30 years after the events of Return of the Jedi, we meet up with old and new characters as the story continues.
Review:
Now, I’m saying this now to be clear, there are SPOILERS in this review, I left the synopis as plain as I could to try and not let too much be known. Turn away now from this section if you haven’t seen the film yet!
Now that that’s out of the way, Star Wars, what much is there to say about the series in general that hasn’t been said before, now, I originally was going to write reviews of the other six films, but because I had computer problems, and so many people have already torn those films apart, I figured I’d just sum up my thoughts here. My order of the films, without The Force Awakens, would have to go, from best to worse, Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope, Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, Phantom Menace, and Attack of the Clones. And my new order would have to be now, Empire, The Force Awakens, A New Hope…. That’s right, this movie, to me at least, is just as good as the older ones. Now, are there flaws? Is this the best film ever? Would have I wanted anything done differently? Yes, No, Maybe.
Yes, there are flaws, and the more you think about it the more there are. This certainly isn’t the best movie ever, but it is quite the spectacle that hasn’t been done in quite some time, possibly not since Empire. And if anything, I’d probably want to have something… new, out of all the stuff I’d want done differently, it would have to be just that, something different. But I do see why it is done the way it is and why the story does what it does, it’s because we needed to have our trust earned again, especially since most fans don’t really like the prequels. This movie set things up for the future and allowed us to know that, for the most part, the people working on these new films get what it is that we want and know how to tell some pretty great stories in the Star Wars universe.
So, was it perfect? No, but it did live up to the Hype and left me wanting more, and that’s all I could have asked for honestly.
Rating: 4.5 stars
Recommendation: Go see it in IMAX as soon as you can, or at the very least in theaters, this is the movie you’ve been waiting to see at a theater for quite some time that actually doesn’t require you to turn your brain off to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment