Featured Post

First Half of the Year Recap and Comeback

Long time no speak everyone. I have sadly had a lot going on in my life lately so I have let this blog slip away. I am going to try and hav...

Sunday, January 3, 2016

The Hateful Eight

Director: Quentin Tarantino
Writer: Quentin Tarantino
Stars: Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russell, Jennifer Jason Leigh
Synopsis:
Eight strangers are stuck together in a shelter while waiting out a blizzard.
Review:
Quentin Tarantino I feel like at this point, can do no wrong. He knows what movies are for, and knows why people want to go see movies, his writing is smart and straight to the point, often witty as well. He gets movies and makes movies that he would like to see himself, he’s done so many genre epics, from westerns to mobster films, he’s made movies in ways that haven’t been done in years, like the way he went and made The Hateful Eight, filming it in the style that hasn’t been done in 40 or so years. I don’t know how he does it, but even when his movies have the simplest of plots, like this and Django Unchained, they’re some of the most enjoyable films I’ve seen in recent years. He strikes gold again with this, and while some people might be turned off with the simple plot and nearly three hour runtime, I know that some people will find this boring, and believe me, if this was in the hands of anyone else, then it might have been, but with Quentin’s writing and direction, it is just simply splendid, and I don’t think there’s much that needed to be changed or tweaked, it’s direct and beautiful to look at, the climax is just as much a bloody good time as any other Quentin Tarantino film. It’s probably the best three hours I’ve spent in a theater all year.
Rating: 4.5 stars
Recommendation:
Any fans of Quentin Tarantino knows what they’re getting into, if you don’t like his films then of course you’re not going to like this one, but if you love him and his films then you know just about what you’re getting into. I’d recommend going to see it in 70 mm if you can, I’ve seen it twice in 35 mm and can only imagine how amazing this would look in that format.

No comments:

Post a Comment